- Learn to analyze data, create dashboards
- Master in-demand skills in Business intelligence
- Earn a valued credential. Be in demand
- ESTIMATED SALARY $ 55 .9k to $ 81k Based on payscale data
Business Intelligence is one of the most vibrant and dynamic fields of IT in North America. Companies understood the important of managing and using internal and external data to make better decisions. A wide spectrum of specialties and roles were defined to make sure that the data used in organizations is clean, managed and properly used by executives, management and analysts.
Our Business Intelligence Program was built, and is continuously updated, with BI professionals and organizations in Montreal. To stay relevant, and to offer the best chances to our students, our teachers / BI experts will follow your learning path in small, personalized classes and using the technologies that are now in use in the field. Our approach is hands on, with lots of labs, practice projects and a final project. This is to ensure that you have what it takes to face an interview and land a job as a BI developer or analyst.
The program is offered in collaboration with Microsoft IT academy and Oracle WDP programs, using their most recent technology software and curriculum, preparing students for their future career in Business Intelligence.
The Business Intelligence and Visualization Analyst program is designed for students wishing to follow a fast-tracked career path in Business Intelligence.
Personalized support and Mentorship
Personalized feedback on projects
24/7 access to course material and classroom labs
course taught by industry expert
Career guidance interview , resume etc
Recognized credential – Attestation of college studies
Asmaa Ait Meh
Introduction to Business Analysis and Business Intelligence::
a comprehensive introduction to the principles of Business Intelligence, data warehousing and the various components of a data driven solution.
Databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)::
SQL is the foundation of most data tools used today. This course will provide all the knowledge and structure needed to be proficient in SQL.
SQL Server integration services (SSIS ETL Tools)::
Hands on experience with a platform to build data integration solutions including Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) packages for data warehousing
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)::
Technology from Microsoft Business Intelligence stack to create OLAP cubes using data from data warehouses for data analysis
SQL server Reporting Services (SSRS) ::
Ready to use tools and services for creating, deploying and managing reports of the organization.
The purpose is to apply the knowledge acquired during the session and to have a significant experience in:
Working in sprints and the Agile methodology. Having to deal with deadlines, real life, bad quality data and ask questions when the requirements are unclear
Get Complete Course outline
Upon successful completion of the program, the college grants the student with an AEC (Attestation d’études collégiales) in Business Analyst, concentration in Business Intelligence & Visualization Analysis.
The students can work towards the following official certifications after the program
- Business Intelligence Developers
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Oracle Business Intelligence Developers
- Business Analyst
Bank Line of credit
- Interest only line of credit.
- Up to $20,000.
- Flexible repayment schedule (7 years).
Scholarships and Grants
- Student grants covering up to $2,000 for new immigrants and unemployed
Option to pay fees in 4 equal monthly instalments
We have mutually-beneficial partnerships with companies at all levels who act as headhunters for our college graduates and in turn we ensure to present them with qualified job-ready workforce
Find a snapshot of our Alumni base here
Structured Query Language (SQL)
SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
OLAP cubes & reports
Predictive analysis concepts
- Why get an MCIT Diploma?
MCIT Diplomas are short-term, immersive programs, based on "work and study" models which transform novices into Business Intelligence specialists. Our training is instructor-led, conducted in-class in Montreal, Quebec, consisting of 9-12 hours of class per week with an end of term project. Over the past years, we have adapted our curriculum to match industry requirements. This has afforded us a 93% job placement rate for students.
- Who should join this program?
Highly motivated, tenacious self-starters with the drive to make it big in the industry who are willing to learn and apply emerging technological skills. Our college programs are in very high demand. Students are expected to take initiative, move forward, to not be afraid to ask questions and spend extra hours on solving a problem. The programs are suited for highly diligent individuals who need direction to get into the IT industry.
- Do I need to have any specific background to attend this program?
A working knowledge of databases / data warehouses is recommended. However, Business Analyst skills would also be considered.
- Can you provide a prerequisite training at additional cost?
Yes, we can provide prerequisite training before the program starts, please register in advance to reserve your place.
- What certifications exams are covered under this program?
The program covers topics needed to write the following exams – • MCSE Business Intelligence • OBIEE Specialist
- What kind of jobs titles can I get after completing this program?
Our graduates can obtain the following roles • Business Intelligence Analyst • Marketing Research Analyst • Data Analyst • Report Writer • Data Mining Expert • Business Analyst • BI Developer • Financial Reporting Analyst
- What are the other advantages of joining your college?
• Fast-paced, progressive programs • Our IT Academic Partnerships with Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, CEH, Citrix, EMC2, etc. ensures industry-relevant curriculum • Official Test Center for IT certifications through industry alliances with PROMETRIC, PEARSON VUE & KRYTERION • Certification exam vouchers of up to 70% discount to students • The only college providing dedicated servers for each virtual desktop to every student for at-home tasks • Short duration, fast-paced programs enable early entry in the job market • Flexible evening schedule also viable for working population • State of the art equipment and customized labs
- What is your learning methodology?
• Pragmatic approach to delivery (80% practical sessions) • Project and internship based concept applications • E-learning augmented with instructor-led, classroom training • Virtual labs with remote access • Collaborative & experiential learning • Optimum student-to-faculty ratio (maximum 15 students per class)
- Who are the instructors?
Our instructors have years of teaching experience with a successful track record. The fact that they are currently working in the industry ensures a timely adoption of practical techniques presently at use.
- Will I get to work on projects?
Yes, you are required to work on real-life-scenario based hands-on projects and/or internship where you can directly apply the theoretical knowledge you have gained throughout the program.
- Does completing your programs guarantee placement?
We work with the best in the industry to ensure that you have the maximum value addition to your profile. We provide placement assistance through our network of HR managers all across Canada.
- What are the job and salary prospects after I complete this program?
With the invent of Big Data and Business Intelligence suites, there is an ever-growing need for professionals equipped to develop and manage these tools. The salary ranges anywhere from $65k to $95k based on the level of expertise.