The Oracle Certified Programmer for the Java Platform certification course provides participants with information about the syntax of the Java programming language; Object-Oriented programming with the java technology; creating Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs), exceptions, file Input / Output (I/O), and Threads.
Programmers familiar with Object-Oriented concepts can learn how to develop Java technology applications. The course features the Java Platform, Standard Edition 6 (Java SE 6) platform, and utilizes the Java SE Development Kit 6 (JDK 6) product. The students perform the course lab exercises using the NetBeans Integrated Development Environment (IDE) 5.5.
Students will learn how java applications, applets, and servlets are similar and different, how to build a basic user interface in java that handles simple end user input, how to read and write data to and from databases, and how to send and receive data over the network. If you have no programming experience at all, you might still find this course useful to build foundation in Java programming language; but you also might want to take an advanced java programming course.
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
After the completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Create Java technology applications that leverage the object-oriented features of the
Java language, such as encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism
• Execute a Java technology application from the command line
• Use Java technology data types and expressions
• Use Java technology flow control constructs
• Use arrays and other data collections
• Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
• Create an event-driven graphical user interface (GUI) using Swing components: panels,
buttons, labels, text fields, and text areas
• Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and
understand advanced I/O streams
• Create a simple Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networked
client that communicates with a server through sockets
• Create multi-threaded programs
Certificate of participation in ‘Java Programming Language’ course.
Additionally participants can appear for the JAVA Standard Edition 6 Programmer Certified Professional Exam (CX-310-065) to become a Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer – NEW!
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Who should do this course?
Students and professionals who wish to gain expertise in Java programming.
Fundamentals of JAVA and Object Oriented Design and Analysis.
- How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely, please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.
- Why should I learn Java?
Java is the one of the most used programming language in the industry.Lots of jobs are available as Java Developers.