The Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst diploma program is designed to help students learn skills in Business Intelligence & Reporting, which helps organizations reorganize business trends and patterns so they can anticipate and shape events in order to improve decision making.
Business intelligence, data analytics and data mining refer to the variety of software applications and tools that help in data extraction, manipulation, data staging and building data models for the creation of meaningful reports for management to make well-informed decisions.
The program is offered in collaboration with Microsoft IT academy and Oracle WDP programs, using their most recent technology software and curriculum, preparing students for their future career in Business Intelligence. As businesses attempt to rebuild, refocus and reorganize, Business Intelligence Analysts will assist in reporting, analysis, modeling, planning and collaboration to address the business needs.
The Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst program is designed for students wishing to follow a fast-tracked career path in Business Intelligence.
8 months (including internship)
2016 registration deadline
Schedule: Mo-We-Fr (6pm - 9pm)apply
“I highly recommend this Business Intelligence course!”
“It is a brilliant learning experience! ”
“In order to build a strong foundation in BI concepts, MCIT was the most appropriate place to start! ”
Broad level run down of courses covered
- Fundamentals of data warehousing & business intelligence
- Fundamentals of databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Option 1: Microsoft BI tools covering SQL Server integration services (SSIS ETL Tools), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Option 2: Oracle BI tools covering Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), creating repositories, creating reports and building dashboards
Structured Query Language (SQL)
Build and execute stored procedures
Design and implement data warehouses
Develop and implement ETL solutions
OLAP cubes & reports
Predictive analysis concepts
Upon successful completion of the program, the college grants the student with a diploma in Business Analyst, concentration in Business Intelligence & Reporting Analysis.
The students can work towards the following official certifications after the program
- Business intelligence developers
- Business intelligence analyst
- Oracle business intelligence developers
- Business analyst
- DEC in Business, Social Science or Computer Science
- 1 year of full-time employment or experience requiring understanding of relational databases (prerequisite training also available)
- Aptitude test
- Personal interview
Bank Line of credit
- Interest only line of credit.
- Up to $20,000.
- Flexible repayment schedule (7 years).
Scholarships and Grants
- Student grants covering up to $2,000 for new immigrants and unemployed
Option to pay fees in 4 equal monthly instalments
We have mutually-beneficial partnerships with companies at all levels who act as headhunters for our college graduates and in turn we ensure to present them with qualified job-ready workforce
Find a snapshot of our Alumni base here
- Why get an MCIT Diploma?
MCIT Diplomas are short-term, immersive programs, based on "work and study" models which transform novices into Business Intelligence specialists. Our training is instructor-led, conducted in-class in Montreal, Quebec, consisting of 9-12 hours of class per week with an end of term project. Over the past years, we have adapted our curriculum to match industry requirements. This has afforded us a 93% job placement rate for students.
- Who should join this program?
Highly motivated, tenacious self-starters with the drive to make it big in the industry who are willing to learn and apply emerging technological skills. Our college programs are in very high demand. Students are expected to take initiative, move forward, to not be afraid to ask questions and spend extra hours on solving a problem. The programs are suited for highly diligent individuals who need direction to get into the IT industry.
- Do I need to have any specific background to attend this program?
A working knowledge of databases / data warehouses is recommended. However, Business Analyst skills would also be considered.
- Can you provide a prerequisite training at additional cost?
Yes, we can provide prerequisite training before the program starts, please register in advance to reserve your place.
- What certifications exams are covered under this program?
The program covers topics needed to write the following exams – • MCSE Business Intelligence • OBIEE Specialist
- What kind of jobs titles can I get after completing this program?
Our graduates can obtain the following roles • Business Intelligence Analyst • Marketing Research Analyst • Data Analyst • Report Writer • Data Mining Expert • Business Analyst • BI Developer • Financial Reporting Analyst
- What are the other advantages of joining your college?
• Fast-paced, progressive programs • Our IT Academic Partnerships with Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, CEH, Citrix, EMC2, etc. ensures industry-relevant curriculum • Official Test Center for IT certifications through industry alliances with PROMETRIC, PEARSON VUE & KRYTERION • Certification exam vouchers of up to 70% discount to students • The only college providing dedicated servers for each virtual desktop to every student for at-home tasks • Short duration, fast-paced programs enable early entry in the job market • Flexible evening schedule also viable for working population • State of the art equipment and customized labs
- What is your learning methodology?
• Pragmatic approach to delivery (80% practical sessions) • Project and internship based concept applications • E-learning augmented with instructor-led, classroom training • Virtual labs with remote access • Collaborative & experiential learning • Optimum student-to-faculty ratio (maximum 15 students per class)
- How good are the instructors?
Our instructors have years of teaching experience with a successful track record. The fact that they are currently working in the industry ensures a timely adoption of practical techniques presently at use.
- Will I get to work on projects?
Yes, you are required to work on real-life-scenario based hands-on projects and/or internship where you can directly apply the theoretical knowledge you have gained throughout the program.
- Does completing your programs guarantee placement?
We work with the best in the industry to ensure that you have the maximum value addition to your profile. We provide placement assistance through our network of HR managers all across Canada.
- What are the job and salary prospects after I complete this program?
With the invent of Big Data and Business Intelligence suites, there is an ever-growing need for professionals equipped to develop and manage these tools. The salary ranges anywhere from $65k to $95k based on the level of expertise.