Cisco recently retired their CCNA Voice and CCNP Voice tracks, and have replaced those telephony-centric tracks with the new CCNA Collaboration and CCNP Collaboration tracks.
While these tracks do cover traditional IP telephony concepts, the big difference is video.
The Cisco CCNA Collaboration is a high fidelity certification program and training curriculum intended to recognize voice, video, and collaboration engineers who want to develop their collaboration and video skills. The CCNA Collaboration program is a Resourseful modulation for network video engineers, collaboration engineers, IP telephony and IP network engineers who want to develop and advance their collaboration and video skills in line with the convergence of voice, video, data and mobile applications, with the Cisco CCNA Collaboration certification is a job-role focused training and certification program. It will allow you to intensify your efforts in your education, and increase your professional value by giving you the skills to help your IT organization meet increased business demands resulting from these technology changes.
Cisco’s new CCNA certification and training program is designed for network video engineers, collaboration engineers, IP telephony and IP network engineers who want to develop, advance and validate their ability to deliver entry-level provisioning and support of Cisco collaboration solutions. It is a job-role-focused program that reflects the convergence of voice and video currently taking place in the IT world.
The CCNA Collaboration certification covers the following topics: Unified Communications solutions, Entry-level provisioning and support, Video and conferencing concepts
Exams required to complete the module. 210-060 (CICD) Implementing Cisco Collaboration Device, 210-065 (CIVND) Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices
- CICD: Implementing Cisco Collaboration Devices
- Components of a Cisco Unified Communications Solution
- Add Users and Devices to a Call Agent (i.e. a Cisco Unified Communications Manager server or a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express router)
- Voice Messaging and Presence (i.e. Cisco Unity Connection server and Cisco IM and Presence server)
- Monitoring and Maintaining a Cisco Unified Communications Solution
- Troubleshooting a Cisco Unified Communications Solution
- CIVND: Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Parts 1 and 2
- Video Theory
- Video Endpoints (e.g. video products, functions, and environmental recommendations)
- Troubleshooting Endpoints
- Conferencing Options
Cisco Unified Communications Solution
Unified Communications Manager server
Voice Messaging and Presence