This program prepares you for the Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 certification course. This certification is for Sun Certified Programmers (any edition) who are using the Java Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP) Application Program Interface (APIs) for web development.
This web development course teaches building web-enabled applications that make use of Servlets, JavaServer Pages, and Tag Libraries to exploit the services provided by Java. The source code is provided to implement and see real-world web applications perform. The work files will allow you to deploy, test, and modify actual application logic.
Class Schedule: Tuesday and Thursday (6:00pm - 9:00pm EST)
Java Servlets and JSP
• Describing the application model for the Java EE platform and the context for the model
• Developing and run an EJB technology application
• Developing a web-based user interface to an EJB technology application
• Developing simple web services for the Java EE platform
• Configuring the Java EE platform services layer
• Writing servlets using the Java programming language (Java servlets)
• Creating robust web applications using Struts, session management, filters, and database integration
• Writing JSP pages
• Creating easy to maintain JSP pages using the Expression Language, JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL), and the Struts Tiles framework.
• Creating robust web applications that integrate Struts and JSP pages
Certificate of participation in ‘Web Development Servlets and JSP course.
Additionally, participants can appear for the Java Enterprise Edition 5 Web Component Developer Certified Professional Exam (CX 310-083) to become an Oracle Certified Professional, JAVA EE 5 Web Component Developer. Prerequisite:- Prior to attempting certification, candidates must be certified as a Sun Certified Programmer (any edition), or Oracle Certified Professional, Java (SE 5 or SE 6) Programmer.