SAP BASIS is a set of Middleware Programs and Tools from SAP, that provides the underlying base (thus the name) that enables applications (such as FI, CO, and SD, for example) to be seamlessly Interoperable and Portable across Operating Systems and Database products. SAP R/3 BASIS includes Client/Server Architecture, a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), and a Graphical User Interface (GUI).
Beyond the interface aspect of SAP ERP , SAP BASIS also includes components such as a data dictionary as well as user and system administration. BASIS is a business application software integrated solution. Simply, BASIS is the administration of the SAP system. It’s a piece of middle-ware which links the application with the database and the operating system.BASIS is most commonly associated with the GUI interface to the SAP, and the BASIS administrator is an SAP professional who is responsible for configuring the SAP environment, including the GUI screens and SAP application servers.
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
SAP Administration Fundamentals
- Explaining the Architecture of SAP NetWeaver Application Server
- Describing the Procedure of a System Logon (AS ABAP)
- Configuring SAP Logon
- Setting Up Logon Groups in AS ABAP
- Operating Common System Administration Tasks
- Planning an installation
- Preparation for installation
- Installing an SAP system with Software Provisioning Manager (SWPM)
- Post Installation Activities
- Client Creation
- Client Copy methods
- Client Deletion
SAP Start and Stop Procedures
- Describing the Start and Stop Procedure of an SAP System
- Describing the Start Process of the SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP
- Starting and Stopping SAP Systems
- Analyzing the AS ABAP Logs for a Failed System Start
- Scheduling Downtime
SAP System Configuration
- Analyzing System Profile Parameters
- Maintaining Profile Parameters
- Configuring Operation Modes
User Administration Fundamentals
- Creating Users and User Groups
- Maintaining Authorization Roles
- Maintaining Login Parameters and User Info
- Describing Advanced User Administration
- Configuring Remote Function Calls
- Setting Up Remote Connections
- Implementing SAP Notes and Applying SAP Support Packages
- Preparing for Software Maintenance
- Applying SAP Support Packages
- Outlining SAP Enhancement Packages
- Configuring Printers in AS ABAP
- Managing Spool Requests
- Troubleshooting Spool Problems
- Administrating Background Jobs
- Scheduling Time-Based Jobs
- Scheduling Event-Based Jobs
- Using Special Functions in Background Processing
System Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Explaining the Monitoring Architecture
- Monitoring SAP Systems
- Troubleshooting with Traces and Protocols
- Developing a Troubleshooting Procedure
SAP HANA Installation and Upgrade
- Introduction to SAP HANA and Lifecycle Management Tools
- Sizing of SAP HANA
- Advanced installation options
- SAP HANA Studio installation
- Installation and upgrade
- Post-Installation Steps
- Revision strategy of SAP HANA
Architecture and Scenarios
- SAP HANA Memory Management and Data Persistence
- Software Packaging
- SAP HANA Roadmap and Scenarios
- Deployment Options
Admin Tools for SAP HANA
- Administration Tool Overview
- SAP HANA Studio and SAP HANA Cockpit
- DBA Cockpit
- HDBSQL Command Line Tool
Operations and Troubleshooting
- Starting and Stopping SAP HANA
- Configuring SAP HANA
- SAP HANA Table Administration
- Periodic Tasks
- Configuring Traces
- Working with Diagnosis Information and Diagnosis Files
- SQL Console
Backup and Recovery
- Concept of Backup and Recovery
- Data Area Backup
- Log Area Backup
- Additional Backup Topics
- Backup and Recovery using Storage Snapshot
- Database Copy
- Security Overview
- Authentication and Authorization
- Encryption and Auditing
- User Management
- Types of Privileges
High Availability and Disaster Tolerance
- High Availability
- SAP HANA Scale Out
- Disaster Recovery
Managing Spool Requests
Database Performance Monitor
Scheduling database backup
User master records
Certificate of participation in ‘SAP BASIS’ course.
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Who should do this course?
Professionals who wish to build upon their ABAP programming experience or Database Administration experience and gain expertise in SAP – Administration.
Professionals having 3- 5 years IT related experience, in System administration or Networking.
- How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely, please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.