Montreal College is an official IT Academy for Microsoft certifications. In its close collaboration, the college offers official Microsoft curriculum to help you master the skills and prepare for the official certification exams.
MCSE: Business Intelligence certification will lead you to become a BI and reporting engineer. This is an expert certification course.
It consists of the following:
1) Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
2) Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
3) Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages.
- Write SELECT queries
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Describe the use of data types in SQL Server
- Modify data using Transact-SQL
- Use built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Use subqueries
- Use table expressions
- Use set operators
- Use window ranking, offset and aggregate functions
- Implement pivoting and grouping sets
- Execute stored procedures
- Program with T-SQL
- Implement error handling
- Implement transactions
2) Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
- Describe the components, architecture, and nature of a BI solution.
- Create a multidimensional database with Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions in a cube.
- Implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
- Use MDX Syntax.
- Customize a cube.
- Implement a Tabular Data Model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Use DAX to enhance a tabular model.
- Create reports with Reporting Services.
- Enhance reports with charts and parameters.
- Manage report execution and delivery.
- Implement a dashboard in SharePoint Server with PerformancePoint Services.
- Use Data Mining for Predictive Analysis.
Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server
- Implementing analytical data models, such as OLAP cubes.
- Implementing reports, and managing report delivery.
- Creating business performance dashboards.
- Supporting data mining and predictive analysis.
Designing Self-Service Business Intelligence and Big Data Solutions
- Describe key features and benefits of self-service BI.
- Use SQL Server Reporting Services to implement a self-service reporting solution.
- Use PowerPivot in Microsoft Excel to create analytical data models.
- Use Power Query in Microsoft Excel to import data into a data model.
- Use Power View in Microsoft Excel to create interactive data visualizations.
- Use Power Map in Microsoft Excel to create geographic data visualizations.
- Use Microsoft SharePoint Server to implement collaborative self-service BI solutions.
- Provision and use a Windows Azure HDInsight cluster for Big Data analysis.
- Use Pig and Hive to analyze big data in Windows Azure HDInsight.
- Design and implement Big Data processes to support self-service BI.
Key Performance Indicators
Configuring Report Execution
Certificate of participation for “MCSE : SQL Server 2012 Certification en Intelligence d’affaire (BI)” and makes you equipped to apply for” Microsoft SQL Server Certification” and ” MCSE: Business Intelligence” ie from 70-461 to 70-467
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
The primary audience for this course is database and business intelligence (BI) professionals who are familiar with data warehouses and enterprise BI solutions built with SQL Server technologies. Experienced data analysts who want to learn how to use Microsoft technologies for self-service analysis and reporting will also benefit from attending this course.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and data modeling principles.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.
- How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely. Please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.
- Which certification exam can i take after this course ?
You become equipped to give 70-461,463,466,467