Montreal College is an official IT Academy for Microsoft certifications. In its close collaboration, the college offers official Microsoft curriculum to help you master the skills and prepare for the official certification exams. In this course one will learn about microsoft sql server database and describes logical table design, indexing and query plans. MCSE: Developing Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases also includes the creation of database objects including views, stored procedures, along with parameters, and functions. Other common aspects of procedure coding, such as indexes, concurrency, error handling, and triggers are also covered in this course. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-464.
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
- Introduce the entire SQL Server platform and its major tools. It will cover editions, versions, basics of network listeners, and concepts of services and service accounts.
- Determine appropriate data types to be used when designing tables, convert data between data types, and create alias data types.
- Be aware of good design practices regarding SQL Server tables and be able to create tables using T-SQL. (Note: partitioned tables are not covered).
- Implement PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, DEFAULT, CHECK and UNIQUE constraints, and investigate cascading FOREIGN KEY constraints.
- Determine appropriate single column and composite indexes strategies.
- Create tables as heaps and tables with clustered indexes. Also consider the design of a table and suggest an appropriate structure.
- Read and interpret details of common elements from execution plans.
- Design effective non-clustered indexes.
- Design and implement views
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Work with table types, table valued parameters and use the MERGE statement to create stored procedures that update data warehouses.
- Design and implement functions, both scalar and table-valued. (Also describe where they can lead to performance issues).
- Perform basic investigation of a deadlock situation and learn how transaction isolation levels affect application concurrency.
- Use both traditional T-SQL error handling code and structured exception handling.
- Design and implement DML triggers
- Learn appropriate uses for SQL CLR integration and implement an existing .NET assembly within SQL Server.
- Store XML data and schemas in SQL Server.
- Perform basic queries on XML data in SQL Server.
- Work with the GEOGRAPHY and GEOMETRY data types
- Implement and query a full-text index.
Certificate of participation.
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Discount Vouchers of up to 50% for certification exams
- State of the art infra with up-to-date pedagogy
- Pragmatic approach to delivery
- Optimum student to faculty ratio
- Flexible schedule viable for working population
- Affordable learning
Who should do this course?
IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server 2014 product features and technologies for implementing a database.
- Knowledge of writing T-SQL queries.
- Knowledge of basic relational database concepts.
- How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely. Please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.