Aperçu du programme
The growing market of mobile phones and applications has created a huge demand for mobile application developers. Due to this, the Linux-based open-source Android software has carved a niche for itself among mobile software development. Android is, in other words, the future of hand-held devices, especially for smart phones. All of these developments and attractive features make android application development the most preferred program among the mobile application training courses.
Instructor-led courses designed for android application development teaches students all the aspects of application development for smart phones and how to create enterprise-ready features that can be used in Android devices.
N’a aucun témoignage. Revenez s’il vous plaît
Start your career as an Android mobile developer. Learn best practices for mobile development, build a portfolio of apps, and publish your own app
Course 1: Core java (1 month)
- How to write Java syntax and create variables
- Discover the basic idea behind programing.
- Write your first Java program.
- Use variables to store and retrieve information.
- Using Methods and Conditional Statements
- Use if-else statements and switch-case statements.
- Write Java programs to tackle any decision making scenario.
- How to create functions
- Create functions in Java.
- Declare methods with input arguments and return types.
- Call the functions you create.
- How to Create Loops
- Use for and while loops to iterate over a block of code.
- Learn how to write nested loops.
- Use 2D arrays to store and retrieve information.
- IntelliJ and Debugging
- Learn how to install and use the IntelliJ Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Use the IDE to find and solve problems in code.
Course 2: Developing Android Apps (1 month)
- Setting up development environment & Learn about the Android Studio IDE
- Android API levels (versions & version names)
- Gradle Fundamentals
- Learn how to create and run a simple Android app
- Create simple layouts for Android
- The Application Lifecycle
- Understand the phases of the Android application lifecycle
- Learn the difference between Explicit and Implicit Intents
- Learn how to navigate inside your apps using intents
- Learn how to create Intents that apps outside your control can respond to
- Use fragments to build responsive and flexible layouts
- Build an AndroidMe app to create and customize Android characters
Course 3: UI & Material Design for Android Developers (1 month)
- Android Design Fundamentals
- Learn about views, viewgroups, and methods of databinding
- Learn how to implement your designs on many screen sizes.
- Bold Graphic Design
- Android styles & themes
- Use the principles of Material Design to ensure your app works on multiple screen sizes
- Learn about the components that convert a list of data into visual UI elements
- Learn how to add menus to your app
- Learn what considerations to make when adapting a design.
- Add visual polish to your apps with different layouts, fonts, and colors
- Make your app stand out with widgets
- Allow users to interact more frequently with your app
- Design your UI for users who speak different languages
Course 4: Advanced Android App Development (1 month)
- Connect to the Internet and communicate with web APIs
- Learn about threading and how to make requests without slowing down your app
- Implement a SQLite database
- Make queries to and modify that database in your app
- Learn to build a Content Provider
- Learn how Content Providers provide an interface to share data
- Consume data from an already existing Content Provider
- Background Tasks
- Run jobs in the background of an app
- Create notifications and schedule long-running background processes
- Save time and increase your app’s functionality by leveraging libraries
- Use Firebase Cloud Messaging to connect an app to a server
- Build a Squawker app to deliver instructor messages (“squawks”) to users
- Use Google APIs to make your app aware of its location
- Learn about the Android Testing Support Library
- Use Espresso to run user interface (UI) testing on your app
- Publishing Your App
Course 5: Final Project (4 months)
In this project, you will demonstrate the skills you’ve learned in your android program, and apply them to creating a unique app experience of your own. By the end of this project, you will have an app that you can submit to the Google Play Store for distribution.
UI Design using XML
Xml and Json parsing
Navigation based Apps
Social NetWorking Sites Integration
Certificate of participation in ‘Android Application Development’ course.
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Qui devrait suivre ce cours?
This course is intended for professionals looking for roles such as Android Engineer, Android application developer, Android multimedia engineer, technical leads, team leads, game developers and more. Though there are opportunities available with smaller companies for mobile application development, the larger ones demand certification from recognized sources.
Experience using basic programming languages, JAVA recommended.
- How do I register for a course?
To register for a course, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely. Please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.
- Why should i take this course ?
Mobile application developers are in huge demand in the industry. Android Development course allows you to dive into the mobile market
- Do i need any prerequisite for this course?
Android Development mainly requires Java .It is highly recommended to have prior Java knowledge. MONTREAL COLLEGE can help you to learn JAVA before Android Development