- Converged IP Networks
- Install, configure & administer networks
- Virtual & Cloud based reality
- Your Life Depends on it
The Computer Networking and Technical Support diploma program provides you with strong technical and interpersonal skills – both are important professional skills that will give you an advantage as a technical support specialist in the computer industry.
Networking and Technical Support professionals research, analyze and recommend strategies for network architecture and development. Companies around the world need them to implement, manage, maintain and configure network hardware and software. They also monitor and optimize performance, in addition to troubleshooting and providing end-user support. Their primary objective is to ensure that companies suffer no hiccups in their networking and data security needs.
Industries across the career spectrum and around the world depend on Networking and Technical Support professionals to keep employees connected and business flowing. This makes it a necessary part of any large company and for this, the job outlook is very bright. This diploma aims to put your foot into this evolving world of cloud computing and virtualization.
The diploma in Networking and Technical Support aims to transfer industry-relevant and job-oriented skills to the participants to enable them integrate into the workforce and become an asset in the work environment. The program is designed to allow participants to gain intermediate to expert level competencies in a range of technical areas including:
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of computer components and peripherals
• Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of computer components, connectivity issues, viruses and malware
• Client and server operating systems and networking fundamentals
• Active Directory Server (ADS) configuration
When I needed a career change into IT, there was no other option available besides Montreal College of Information Technology that offered such diverse choices. With the help of their amazing counselling and open house format, they were able to help me identify the right IT path for me. Their Networking Diploma program was amazing and the instructors, who are all experts and work in their respective fields, were of high calibre. Along with their help and support I am now a Network System Administrator. THANK YOU Montreal College!
In order to build a strong foundation in Networking, MCIT was the most appropriate place.
During the Networking Diploma course I have learned more about networking than I have in the previous 15 years of real world experience. I now have a clear understanding of sub netting and how a network functions. The learning environment was friendly and amicable. We had instructions that were knowledgeable and then labs to practice what we had learned. The instructor also gave us real world bottlenecks that augmented the learning process. All of this has helped me in my role as a technical professional. I now know where to look for the stress cases in order to solve them.
Daniel Siyou Fotssi
The coverage of their networking program is huge; it’s a multidisciplinary approach in a true way. At the end of the course, I was highly skilled in managing.
Oussama El Khattabi
Oussama El Khattabi
- Introduction to Networking – CompTIA Network + : Prepares you to possess the knowledge and skills to operate as a networking professional, and to install, configure and manage a variety of networking products and you will gain knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Network in Small Scale Enterprise – Cisco CCNA (ICND I): Knowledge of Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) to successfully install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office network using the Operation of IP Data Networks; LAN Switching Technologies; IP Addressing (IPv4 & IPv6); IP Routing Technologies; IP Services (DHCP, NAT, ACLs); Network Device Security; Basic Troubleshooting.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Network in Medium Scale Enterprise – Cisco CCNA (ICND II) : Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 2 (ICND2) gives knowledge and skills required to successfully install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size enterprise branch network focusing on LAN switching technologies, IP routing technologies, IP services (FHRP, syslog, SNMP v2 and v3), troubleshooting, and WAN technologies
- Operating Systems MCSA – installing and configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2012 : Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 as well as course focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services, such as Networking, Storage, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services, and Hyper-V.
- Operating Systems MCSA – administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012: Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 as well as course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access solutions such as Direct Access, VPNs and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments
- Operating System – Linux system administration:Hands on experience with Linux operating system by focusing on system startup and kernel basics, working with disks and file systems, process management and system monitoring, package management systems, user and group permissions, security and authentication, network addresses and devices, troubleshooting and system rescue
- Introduction to Virtualization and Cloud Based Networking – VMware :Hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere 5.5, which consists of VMware ESXi™ and the VMware® vCenter Server™.
Configure and maintain Active Directory
Install, configure and maintain virtual servers
Install, configure & maintain network infrastructures
Install, configure & maintain server operating systems
Troubleshoot, repair & maintain networks
The college grants the students, upon their successful completion of the program, a diploma in ‘Networking and Technical Support’
Students can work towards the following official certifications after the program:
- CompTIA Network+
- MCSA – Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator
- VMware Certified Associate
Bank Line of Credit
- Interest-only line of credit.
- Up to $20,000.
- Flexible repayment schedule (7 years).
- Can supplement government student loans.
- Student bursaries covering up to $2,000 for new immigrants and unemployed are possible.
Government Student Loans
- Financial aid available to cover tuition fees.
- Option to pay fees in 4 equal monthly installments.
We have mutually-beneficial partnerships with companies at all levels who act as headhunters for our college graduates and in turn we ensure to present them with qualified job-ready workforce. We have job career days with leaders in IT marketing to improve our students’ careers.
- Why get an MCIT Diploma?
MCIT Diplomas are short-term, immersive programs, based on "work and study" models which transform novices into Networking specialists. Our training is instructor-led, conducted in-class in Montreal, Quebec, consisting of 9-12 hours of class per week with an end of term project. Over the past years, we have adapted our curriculum to match industry requirements. This has afforded us a 93% job placement rate for students.
- Who should join this program?
Students who wants to be updated at the IT market and acquire news skills.
- Do I need to have any specific background to attend this program?
CompTIA A+ is recommended or an understanding of Networking with some experience .
- Can you provide the necessary prerequisite training?
Yes, we can provide prerequisite training before the program starts, please register in advance to reserve your place.
- What certification exams are covered under this program?
This program covers topics needed to write the following exams • CompTIA Network+ • CCNA ICND I • CCNA ICND II • MCSA – Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2012 • MCSA – Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012 • Essentials of Linux System Administration • VMware vSphere
- What kind of job titles can I get after completing this program?
Our graduates can obtain the following roles • Network Administrator • Network technician • Help Desk Analyst • Technical Support Representative • System Administrator
- What are the other advantages of joining your college?
•Fast-paced, progressive programs •Our IT Academic Partnerships with Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, CEH, Citrix, EMC2, etc. ensures industry-relevant curriculum • Official Test Center for IT certifications through industry alliances with PROMETRIC, PEARSON VUE & KRYTERION •Certification exam vouchers of up to 70% discount to students •The only college providing dedicated servers for each virtual desktop to every student for at-home tasks • Short duration, fast-paced programs enable early entry in the job market • Flexible evening schedule for workers
- What is your learning methodology?
•Pragmatic approach to delivery (80% practical sessions) • Project and internship based concept applications • instructor-led, classroom training • Virtual labs with remote access • Collaborative & experiential learning • Optimum student-to-faculty ratio (maximum 15 students per class)
- Who are the instructors?
Our instructors have years of teaching experience with a successful track record. The fact that they are currently working in the industry ensures a timely adoption of practical techniques presently at use.
- Can I have placement during of after complete the program?
We provide placement assistance through our network of HR managers all across Canada to provide emplacement for ours students.
- Will I get to work on projects?
Yes, you are required to work on real-life-scenario based hands-on projects where you can directly apply the theoretical knowledge you have gained throughout the program.
- What are the job and salary prospects after I complete this program?
The job prospects for Network Administrators have gained traction with the upsurge of Cloud computing and virtualization. The remuneration stats for a Network Administrator ranges from $60k to $100k.