The most popular VMware vSphere : What’s New [V5.5 to V6] courses offered in line with industry demand for professionals.
Montreal College is an official VMware IT Academy. The college has partnered with VMware, a cloud and virtualization solutions company, to provide the latest official curriculum in VMware vSphere : What’s New [V5.5 to V6] covered by industry experts to ensure that you get the best of both worlds by not only succeeding in the official examination but also gaining practical know-how to become ready for real world assignments.
This hands-on training course explores installation, configuration, and management of VMware vSphere : What’s New [V5.5 to V6] , which consists of VMware ESXi™ and the VMware® vCenter Server™.This class is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 6 into their existing vSphere environment.
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
Our curriculum covers the following topics consistent with the content of the exam.
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course goals and objectives
- Online vSphere resources
- Location of online vSphere documentation
- Introduction to vSphere 6
- Discuss vSphere 6 feature enhancements
- Describe how vRealize Operations Manager is used to manage the software-defined data center
- Install and Upgrade
- Discuss the differences between vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 6 installation process.
- Confirm the system requirements for each component of vSphere 6
- Determine which vCenter Server deployment mode is required.
- Discuss the vSphere 6 upgrade process
- Discuss vSphere 6 installation media
- Determine the correct database option for various deployment scenarios of vSphere 6
- Compute Enhancements
- Discuss the enhancements to vSphere 6 scalability and performance
- Discuss the additional features to support hot-plug and SMART solid-state drives
- Discuss the improvements to lockdown settings
- Discuss how virtual hardware 11 extends virtual machine resource configurations
- Discuss how hot-add memory is distributed across NUMA nodes in vSphere 6
- Management Enhancements
- Discuss VMware vCenter™ Single Sign-On™ authentication process
- Discuss new features of vSphere 6 Certificate Authority
- Discuss certificate-based guest authorization
- Discuss how ESXi hosts and vCenter Server communicate securely over SSL
- Describe changes for ESXi certificate replacement
- Discuss upgrading the vSphere License Service
- License ESXi 6 and vCenter Server by using the vSphere Web Client
- Storage Enhancements
- Discuss VMware vSphere® API for Storage Awareness™
- Configure storage-based policies
- Discuss share reservations and file locking
- Discuss the benefits and effects of NFS 4.1 with vSphere.
- Discuss Kerberos and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) header authentication
- Network Enhancements
- Work with Network I/O Control
- Upgrade Network I/O Control to version 3
- Enable network resource management on a vSphere distributed switch
- Configure bandwidth allocation for system and virtual machine traffic based on shares, reservations, and limits
- Discuss how IPv6 is supported in the vSphere 6 release
- Availability Enhancements
- Discuss enhancements made to vSphere vMotion
- Migrate virtual machine across vCenter Server instances by using vSphere vMotion
- Discuss the multiprocessor fault tolerance features and symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) capabilities in vSphere 6
- Discuss the benefits of VMware vCloud® Air™
- Describe how vCloud Air integrates with vSphere 6
Deploy ESXi host
Deploy vCenter instance
Manage Virtual Machines
VMware vSphere® vMotion®
VMware vSphere® Web Client
VMware vSphere Fault Tolerance
VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
VMware vSphere®Update Manager™
Certificate of participation in ‘VMware Certified Professional 6 ‘ course.
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Who should do this course?
- VSphere administrators
- Systems engineers
- Operators who have attended vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage V5.x or have the equivalent experience.
- vSphere 5.5 knowledge equivalent to attending vSphere Install, Configure, Manage [V5.x]
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- How do I register for a course?
To register for a course, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely. Please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.
- Why should i do this course?
VMware are amongst the leaders in virtual storage, virtual networking as well as virtual servers. This technology has been evolving rapidly in last few years.Certification in this course will put you in the race of becoming a leading professional
- How can i advance my knowledge further after this course?
Students will be prepared for advanced vSphere 6 courses