The continuous need of the Industry to have efficient and effective Database solutions encouraged Montreal College to collaborate with the largest provider of Database Management technologies. With its official curriculum developed by and for Oracle University, our oracle database administration students get the best technical training to not only qualify for the certification exam but also gain practical knowhow to operate these complex systems with ease.
This course will help you gain expertise in administering and managing an Oracle database. You will follow a skill building trajectory that starts with the introduction to relational database query language i.e. SQL, followed by introduction to the fundamentals of Oracle database administration, backup and recovery management and finally conclude with advanced skills like memory management, performance evaluation and tuning tasks.
You call them instructors, we call them your Mentors!
They are the catalysts under whose supervision and arm’s length support our students are empowered to accomplish expertise in advanced technology. We boast of enterprising and talented resources with proven track records who are working in tandem with our goal to provide inspiring and enduring technical learning experience to our students.
Broad level run-down of courses
- Introduction to SQL
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Create and manage users
- Install and configure an Oracle Database
- Create and manage storage structures
- Administer the Oracle Database
- Understand the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another
- Perform backup and recovery
- Diagnose and repair data failures with Flashback technology
- Manage space to optimize database storage
- Monitor and manage major database components, including memory, performance and resources
- Backup and recovery strategies
- Automate DBA tasks with the Scheduler
Database installation & configuration
Oracle Net services
Backup and Recovery through RMAN
Certificate of participation in ‘Oracle Database Administration’ course.
Follow through Certification
The professionals taking this path can pursue the following certification:
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional
- Hands on job oriented training
- Fast paced progressive training designed to qualify relevant certification exam
- Virtual Labs with remote access for practice at home
- Flexible evening schedule viable for working population
- Small groups max 12 students
- Experienced instructors , subject matter experts
- Short program, fast track training
- Affordable priced value for money
- HRSDC approved 25% education tax credit
Who should do this course?
This course is intended for Database Administrators, Technical Administrators, Support Engineers and Technical Consultants.
Basic knowledge on databases is desirable.
- How do I register for a class?
To register for a class, you can either call us or enter your request online and our administrative staff will call you with steps to register.
- I need help in choosing the correct courses for my job role. Can you assist?
Definitely. Please feel free to contact our office, we will be more than happy to work with you to meet your training needs.
- Where can I get scheduling and pricing information for a specific class?
You can find most of the scheduling and pricing information on our website, or you can call our office for assistance.
- Where are the classes located and when do they start?
The classes are held in our downtown campus located at 1255 Boulevard Robert-Bourassa, #501, Quebec, Montreal. You can get the course schedule from our office depending upon the session you are looking to join. We have 3 sessions round the year during the Fall, Summer and Winter.
- Who should do this course?
The course is meant for IT professionals who want to gain the training for Oracle to enhance their credentials, career changers who want to gain the expertise in Oracle and people with strong aptitude and logical skills.